Saturday, May 22, 2010

They Lied to Me

A few years back they told me that if I take the empty Mugnier wooden case and plant bulbs in it, by year two I would have beautiful grape vines whose fruit bears more than a passing resemblance to Mugnier's gorgeous Chambolle fruit.

I'm into year 4 now and I feel ready to admit that I've been had. These are not grape vines and there are no Mugnier Chambolle grapes.

Too bad. I've been getting in there with a bull's horn filled with dung and other biodynamic treatments, and assiduously avoiding copper, even after heavy rains.


If you can think of a better way to use a good old wooden case, let's hear it.

7 comments:

The Wine Mule said...

Next time ask for the box without the phylloxera.

Brooklynguy said...

you're right, i should have done that. i made a lot of mistakes here.

Alfonso Cevola said...

I have heard over in Bed-Stuy that they have micro vineyards going in those boxes. One character actually bottles a wine from the project (one bottle per box is the result) and sold the wine to a billionaire in Hong Kong for $30,000. One Bottle. I believe the wine was a Chambourcin. I think they call it the "Chisholm Project"

Brooklynguy said...

Alfonso - I've done some checking into your story and i cannot find anything or anyone that will conform the facts as you present them. Are you certain that this is true?

:-)

Alfonso Cevola said...

BG-

we should ask Sadat X - maybe he will know. I think I read it on a blog - so it must be true ;)

ashley said...

wood boxes work great in the fire pit! lol jk but seriously they do.

Alana said...

Ummm..I buried my 18 year old Himalayan cat in a Far Niente box. Dug a hole 3 feet deep, added a lid, wrote a eulogy on it then planted a Camellia bush on top. Maybe the Camellia will have ripe cherry undertones with a toasty scent.